Sunday, October 30, 2011

RAZA

RAZA was a community that I vastly enjoyed being a part of. To those who are not too keen on Spanish vocabulary RAZA means race. Race was the primary topic discussed during our weekly meetings. specifically we focused on the issues Hispanics face. For example, deportation laws and restricting citizenship amongst other important issues. We faithfully met every Mondayafter school. The 10 of us had a deep concern about these issues. The majority of the members were Hispanic. Only two other members were African American . As I have mentioned on previous post I love culture. Discovering cultures other my own motivate me to join communities such as these. Some major benefits of being apart of this group were constant but free Mexican dishes. Also I was rewarded by the support of others who had a general respect for you because you both have  a base for association. All 10 of us often would go to different classes and colleges to present these issues in order to raise awareness in a larger community. Some things about this community that i didn't particularly like was the face the some of the group members would drop the ball. For example, so wouldn't like speaking in front of crowds when we needed to present certain material. Over all though  I really enjoyed the experience. I would do it all over again if I had the chance to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment