Tuesday, December 6, 2011

So far the best job Ive ever had was working at Baskin Robbins. I started working here my last year of high school to make a little extra money. Some of my primary responsibilities consisted of scooping ice cream for customers, keeping the establishment neat and clean, and last but not least working the cash register. The job was enjoyable for the most part, I had a innovative spirit. I was led to stay there for two in a haft years. As you could imagine there were some obvious incentives for working at Baskin Robbins. For one me and my co-workers often got free ice cream which is my passion and love. My family members knew how much I loved ice cream since I gained 45 extra pounds. I also enjoyed the connection me and my co-workers had. When It would rain outside we would talk about our lives, dance , sing etc. I became fond of our regular customers. I truly felt like I was making their say when I made the perfect banana split whether it was for couples to share or kids to drop on the floor and leave me to clean. Skills that I developed while working there were  endurance, dedication, and submission. I believe these skills will surely help me on my internship. The worst job I ever had was at California Check Cashing Stores. My role as a teller meant that I had to do data entry, cash checks, give out pay day loans etc. Tax time was the worst time for me. People would come in to the facility attempting to cash counterfeit checks all the time. I would get death threats from some customers if I didn't cash them.My co-workers would leave to the break room and read magazines and flat iron their hair while we had long lines of inpatient customers. There were times where my co-workers would fight and embarrass us as a company. These fights would be long and drawn out with yelling cussing and fighting. so with in a matter of 5 months I quit. I did appreciate learning how to work with others who aren't  the nicest people such as co-workers and customers. I learned how to be responsible for large amounts of money. Over all In so glad I quit because the work environment was not conducive to my professionalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment